September 2014: Abstract Art Theme
“There is in abstract art. You must always start with something.
Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.”
- Pablo Picasso
September’s Art Competition and Exhibition theme is “Abstracts”. A call to artists is announced for the artist’s interpretation of the Abstract theme. Submit your best non-representational art for the gallery’s September Art Competition and Exhibition.
So take reality and remove it from your art! Show us your shapes, colors, geometrics, lines and your personal creativity. There are no rules here... Except for the work must be yours and for sell. That's it!!
All 2D and 3D amateur and professional artists are invited to create their best Art and Enter.
- Must be original work to the artist.
- 2D (Printmaking, painting, mixed media, photography, etc.) and 3D (ceramics, sculpture, etc.) pieces only.
- The artist must be willing to sell their work (print or original piece).
7/1/14: Contests start date
7/31/14: Contest deadline
8/18/14: Winner Notification Date / Announcements will be made on the Gallery Website
- $15 for 1 to 3 images
- $20 for all images up to 5
- The PayPal account name will appear on your credit card statement as CAGOnline
- All images should be 300 DPI and should not exceed 1000 pixels on the longest size.
- Files should be titled in the following format: name, title, medium. EX: JohnBrown_Midnight_Photography.
- After you have turned in your application and paid the competition fee, you will receive a confirmation, by email.
Prizes include Lifetime Memberships to Contemporary Art Gallery Online, Radio Interviews, Inclusion in the Year End Anthology Publication, Extensive Marketing and much more. Our Radio Shows have had more than 100,000 listens and the Gallery receives over 125,000 unique visitors a year with over 1.86 Million hits in a year. This is exposure you cannot garner on your own! And finally your entry remains on the Gallery forever.
Click Here to Submit Your Work. We Look Forward to Viewing Your Creations.
CAGO Art Competition Committee