May 2014: Botanicals Theme
"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else. Most people in the city rush around so, they have no time to look at a flower. I want them to see it whether they want to or not." - Georgia O'Keeffe
May’s Art Competition and Exhibition theme is "Botanicals Beauty". A call to artists is announced for the artist’s interpretation of the botanical and floral theme. Botanical art subjects are considered to be flowers, herbs, leaves, plants of all types, and trees for inclusion into this Art Competition and Exhibition.
All 2D and 3D amateur and professional artists are invited to create their best Art and Enter.
- Must be original work to the artist.
- 2D (Printmaking, painting, mixed media, photography, etc.) and 3D (ceramics, sculpture, etc.) pieces only.
- The artist must be willing to sell their work (print or original piece).
5/1/14: Contests start date
5/31/14: Contest deadline
6/16/14: Winner Notification Date / Announcements will be made on the Gallery Website
- $15 for 1 to 3 images
- $20 for all images up to 5
- The PayPal account name will appear on your credit card statement as CAGOnline
- All images should be 300 DPI and should not exceed 1000 pixels on the longest size.
- Files should be titled in the following format: name, title, medium. EX: JohnBrown_Midnight_Photography.
- After you have turned in your application and paid the competition fee, you will receive a confirmation, by email.
Prizes include Lifetime Memberships to Contemporary Art Gallery Online, Radio Interviews, Inclusion in the Year End Anthology Publication, Extensive Marketing and much more. Our Radio Shows have had more than 100,000 listens and the Gallery receives over 125,000 unique visitors a year with over 1.86 Million hits in a year. This is exposure you cannot garner on your own! And finally your entry remains on the Gallery forever.
Click Here to Submit Your Work. We Look Forward to Viewing Your Creations.
CAGO Art Competition Committee