March 2013 Art Competition
March 2013: Portraits
“A good portrait ought to tell something of the subject’s past suggest something of his future.”
~ Bill Brandt (photographer)
The art of the portrait has evolved throughout art history--sculptures, religious figures, and paintings of the wealthy and majestic, to the 30-minute poses when photography was first invented. Portraits can go beyond just the face or the subject’s body. Clothing, objects, and atmosphere can capture the essence of a person. Portraits range from traditional poses to contemporary concepts. So what makes your portrait stand out from all the rest? Be creative and think outside the box!
For Contemporary Art Gallery Online;
The March 2013 Art Competition, is all about “PORTRAITS”.
All 2D and 3D amateur and professional artists are invited to create their best Portraiture Art.
- Must be original work to the artist.
- 2D (Printmaking, painting, mixed media, photography, etc.) and 3D (ceramics, sculpture, etc.) pieces only.
- The artist must be willing to sell their work (print or original piece).
3/1/13: Contests start date
3/30/13: Contest deadline
4/11/13: Winner Notification Date / Announcements will be made on the Gallery on Website
- $20 for 1 to 3 images
- $5 for each additional image (after 3)
- The PayPal account name will appear on your credit card statement as CAGOnline
- All images should be 300 DPI and should not exceed 1000 pixels on the longest size.
- Files should be titled in the following format: name, title, medium. EX: JohnBrown_Midnight_Photography.
- After you have turned in your application and paid the competition fee, you will receive a confirmation, by email.
- First Place: Lifetime Membership to the Contemporary Art Gallery!
- Second Place: Radio Interview and winning image placed in our end of the year Anthology Book
- Third Place: Winning image placed in the end of the year Anthology Book
We Look Forward to Viewing Your Creations!
CAGO Art Competition Committee