July 2014: Seascapes / Water Theme
"These landscapes of water and reflection have become an obsession." - Claude Monet
Water is one of the most important elements for human existence. Humans and plants need water to survive. It creates lush landscapes and breathtaking moments. However, destruction occurs when there is too much of a good thing. Hurricanes and tsunamis have taken lives and homes away. Water creates different emotions, fears, and desires. Your challenge is to allow your viewer to be immersed into the different ways water affects our lives.
Our Second Annual Art Competition and Exhibition Theme for July is “SeaScapes / Water”. A call to artists is announced for the artist’s interpretation of the Seascape / Water theme. Seascape subjects would include scenes of coastal living, any ocean activities. Any related seashore subjects are included. Water can be anything from rain, a droplet, or a babbling brook.Water can be ice, a glacial, or running from your faucet. Be Creative with this Art Competition and Exhibition and have fun with it!
All 2D and 3D amateur and professional artists are invited to create their best Art and Enter.
- Must be original work to the artist.
- 2D (Printmaking, painting, mixed media, photography, etc.) and 3D (ceramics, sculpture, etc.) pieces only.
- The artist must be willing to sell their work (print or original piece).
7/1/14: Contests start date
7/31/14: Contest deadline
8/18/14: Winner Notification Date / Announcements will be made on the Gallery Website
- $15 for 1 to 3 images
- $20 for all images up to 5
- The PayPal account name will appear on your credit card statement as CAGOnline
- All images should be 300 DPI and should not exceed 1000 pixels on the longest size.
- Files should be titled in the following format: name, title, medium. EX: JohnBrown_Midnight_Photography.
- After you have turned in your application and paid the competition fee, you will receive a confirmation, by email.
Prizes include Lifetime Memberships to Contemporary Art Gallery Online, Radio Interviews, Inclusion in the Year End Anthology Publication, Extensive Marketing and much more. Our Radio Shows have had more than 100,000 listens and the Gallery receives over 125,000 unique visitors a year with over 1.86 Million hits in a year. This is exposure you cannot garner on your own! And finally your entry remains on the Gallery forever.
Click Here to Submit Your Work. We Look Forward to Viewing Your Creations.
CAGO Art Competition Committee