August 2014 Art Competition
August 2014: Landscapes Theme
"Now I really feel the landscape, I can be bold and include every tone of blue and pink: it's enchanting, it's delicious." - Claude Monet
Our Second Annual Art Competition and Exhibition theme is “Landscapes”. A call to artists is announced for the artist’s interpretation of the “Landscapes” theme. Submissions should depict the natural world, outdoor scenery, geographical environments’ and related landscape subjects for inclusion into this Art Competition and Exhibition.
Landscape comprises the visible features of an area of land, including the physical elements of landforms such as (ice-capped) mountains, hills, water bodies such as rivers, lakes, ponds and the sea, living elements of land cover including indigenous vegetation, human elements including different forms of land use, buildings and structures, and transitory elements such as lighting and weather conditions.
Combining both their physical origins and the cultural overlay of human presence, often created over millennia, landscapes reflect the living synthesis of people and place vital to local and national identity. Landscapes, their character and quality, help define the self-image of a region, its sense of place that differentiates it from other regions. It is the dynamic backdrop to people’s lives.
All 2D and 3D amateur and professional artists are invited to create their best Art and Enter.
- Must be original work to the artist.
- 2D (Printmaking, painting, mixed media, photography, etc.) and 3D (ceramics, sculpture, etc.) pieces only.
- The artist must be willing to sell their work (print or original piece).
8/1/14: Contests start date
8/31/14: Contest deadline
9/15/14: Winner Notification Date / Announcements will be made on the Gallery Website
- $15 for 1 to 3 images
- $20 for all images up to 5
- The PayPal account name will appear on your credit card statement as CAGOnline
- All images should be 300 DPI and should not exceed 1000 pixels on the longest size.
- Files should be titled in the following format: name, title, medium. EX: JohnBrown_Midnight_Photography.
- After you have turned in your application and paid the competition fee, you will receive a confirmation, by email.
Prizes include Lifetime Memberships to Contemporary Art Gallery Online, Radio Interviews, Inclusion in the Year End Anthology Publication, Extensive Marketing and much more. Our Radio Shows have had more than 100,000 listens and the Gallery receives over 125,000 unique visitors a year with over 1.86 Million hits in a year. This is exposure you cannot garner on your own! And finally your entry remains on the Gallery forever.
Click Here to Submit Your Work. We Look Forward to Viewing Your Creations.
CAGO Art Competition Committee