April 2014 Art Competition
April 2014: Figurative / Portrait Theme
“A good portrait ought to tell something of the subject’s past and/or suggest something of his future.”
- Bill Brandt (photographer)
A portrait has evolved throughout art history--sculptures, religious figures, and paintings of the wealthy and majestic, to the 30-minute poses when photography was first invented. Portraits can go beyond just the face or the subject’s body. Clothing, objects, and atmosphere can capture the essence of a person. Portraits range from traditional poses to contemporary concepts. So what makes your portrait stand out from all the rest? Be creative and think outside the box!
Our Second Annual Art Competition and Exhibition Theme for April is “Figurative / Portrait”. A call to artists is announced for the artist’s interpretation of the Figurative / Portrait theme. “Figurative” is considered to be figures, forms and faces either in the representational or abstract genre.
All 2D and 3D amateur and professional artists are invited to create their best Art and Enter.
- Must be original work to the artist.
- 2D (Printmaking, painting, mixed media, photography, etc.) and 3D (ceramics, sculpture, etc.) pieces only.
- The artist must be willing to sell their work (print or original piece).
4/1/14: Contests start date
4/30/14: Contest deadline
5/19/14: Winner Notification Date / Announcements will be made on the Gallery Website
- $15 for 1 to 3 images
- $20 for all images up to 5
- The PayPal account name will appear on your credit card statement as CAGOnline
- All images should be 300 DPI and should not exceed 1000 pixels on the longest size.
- Files should be titled in the following format: name, title, medium. EX: JohnBrown_Midnight_Photography.
- After you have turned in your application and paid the competition fee, you will receive a confirmation, by email.
Prizes include Lifetime Memberships to Contemporary Art Gallery Online, Radio Interviews, Inclusion in the Year End Anthology Publication, Extensive Marketing and much more. Our Radio Shows have had more than 100,000 listens and the Gallery receives over 125,000 unique visitors a year with over 1.86 Million hits in a year. This is exposure you cannot garner on your own! And finally your entry remains on the Gallery forever.
Click Here to Submit Your Work. We Look Forward to Viewing Your Creations.
CAGO Art Competition Committee